Concacaf Gold Cup 2021 – Guatemala vs Mexico Dream11 Prediction
The Gold Cup is a football tournament between 16 North American (including Central American) and Caribbean countries that are held after every 2 years. The tournament is organised by the Confederation of North and Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF). The 16 participating nations are segregated into groups of 4 teams each out of which the nation that emerges as the winner of the finale is awarded the Gold Cup.
This year, the Gold Cup is held in USA and is scheduled to take place from 10th July to 1st August. Mexico is currently the defending Champion of the Gold Cup and also the most successful team with a total of 11 titles. Guatemala and Mexico are both parts of Group A in the tournament and will be having their 2nd group stage match against each other on 15th July.
Guatemala vs Mexico Match Details:
- Match Name – CONCACAF Gold Cup 2021
- Date – Thursday, 15th July 2021
- Time – 7:00 AM (IST)
- Venue – Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, Texas
- Live stream – Broadcasted live on Fox Sports Network channels and live-streamed on Fox network website.
Guatemala vs Mexico Head-to-Head statistics:
Matches Played – 41
Guatemala wins – 6
Mexico wins – 22
Guatemala and Mexico have faced each other quite a lot of times before. In their 41 encounters over the years, Mexico is can be clearly called the better side having won more than half of the total games played. While Guatemala has defeated Mexico a few times, the last win for Guatemala came in 2007 and hence their chances of defeating Mexico in the upcoming match are meagre.
Guatemala Form – WDDWL
Mexico Form – WLDWW
Both teams have been in decent form losing only 1 out of their last matches. However, it is to be noted that Guatemala enters the tournament with a loss which is not great for the player’s temperament. Whereas, Mexico is on a 3-match unbeaten streak and would battle hard to keep this positive run going.
Guatemala vs Mexico Gold Cup 2021 Squad:
- Goalkeepers – Nicholas Hagen, Ricardo Jerez, Braulio Linares
- Defenders – Moises Hernandez, Kervin Garcia, Jose Carlos Pinto, Stheven Robles, Gerardo Gordillo, Wilson Pineda, Matan Peleg
- Midfielders – Jose Ruiz, Rodrigo Saravia, Marvin Ceballos, Rudy Barrientos, Jhon Mendez, Marco Dominguez, Luis Martinez, Oscar Santis
- Forward – Jose Carlos Martinez, Jairo Arreola, Darwin Lom, Jorge Vargas, Robin Betancourth
- Goalkeepers – Alfredo Talavera, Rodolfo Cota, Jonathan Orozco
- Defenders – Nestor Araujo, Carlos Salcedo, Edson Alvarez, Hector Moreno, Gilberto Sepulveda, Luis Rodriguez
- Midfielders – Jonathan dos Santos, Orbelin Pineda, Alan Cervantes, Erick Gutierrez, Hector Herrera, Jesus Gallardo
- Forward – Erick Sanchez, Alan Pulido, Rogelio Funes Mori, Jesus Corona, Efrain Alvarez, Hirving Lozano
Guatemala vs Mexico Gold Cup 2021 Predicted XI:
Ricardo Jerez, Moises Hernandez, Jose Carlos Pinto, Stheven Robles, Wilson Pineda, Rodrigo Saravia, Marvin Ceballos, Luis Martinez, Jairo Arreola, Jorge Vargas, Jose Carlos Martinez
Alfredo Talavera, Hector Moreno, Nestor Araujo, Carlos Salcedo, Luis Rodriguez, Hector Herrara, Jesus Gallardo, Jonathan dos Santos, Orbelin Pineda, Jesus Corona, Hirving Lozano
Guatemala vs Mexico Gold Cup 2021 Dream Team:
- Goalkeeper – Ricardo Jerez
- Defenders – Hector Moreno, Moises Hernandez, Jose Carlos Pinto, Nestor Araujo
- Midfielders – Hector Herrara, Jesus Gallardo Rodrigo Saravia, Jonathan dos Santos
- Forwards – Jairo Arreola, Jesus Corona
Guatemala vs Mexico Gold Cup 2021 Prediction:
Guatemala is a decent side that has good potential of qualifying to the Round of 16 from Group A. But when playing against the likes of Mexico its chances of a straight victory are very less. Mexico is the defending champion of the Gold Cup and would most probably stay at the top of Group A.
Also, as can be seen from the statistics Mexico is in a better form and has clearly dominated Guatemala in the past before. Hence, it can be expected that the Mexican side will easily win the match against Guatemala and maintain its unbeaten streak.